"IM THE BEST DAMN THING THAT YOUR EYES HAVE EVER SEEN"

Monday, October 3, 2011

MOVIE BAYANING 3RD WORLD – Mr. Joel Torre (2002)

BAYANING 3RD WORLD – Mr. Joel Torre (2002)
By: Jayson Abion
September 24, 2011
Antipolo Rizal

In this movie I’ve realize that Jose Rizal is not what I think he was. The main point of view in this film was Rizal’s Retraction, which involved his marriage to Josephine Bracken and the rumors about her being a spy. There were many possibilities and speculations brought about in this film, which also made me, think lot of things. I thought what I know about Rizal was enough to understand his life, works and writing but having finished this independent film widened my understanding not only for Rizal’s positive sides but also for his Negative sides.
Jose Rizal being a national hero considering his great influence not only in the Philippines but to other countries he had gone also with his works, the great impact he left with our history as a country and culture as its citizen, his weight to some old religions also has his own flaws and faults because he is also a human being capable of doing those things. And despite his imperfection, well it didn’t lessen his heroism. In fact, his controversies made his life more interesting and it only made him more famous not only during his time but now and in the future generations. I didn’t get surprised that many criticized his life but for me he is still the 3rd world hero of all time. Like what the movie is pointing out.

No comments: